NEET 2017 : Application Form,Exam Dates,Syllabus Exam Pattern
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test is reputedly known a NEET. It is national level medical entrance test regulated by CBSE Board. To provide admissions in MBBS/BDS this test is conducted. Admissions are provided to courses in all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, commences once in a year in month of May. All AIPMT Exams are replaced by the NEET 2017 All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only. As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India from the year 2017
To get more updates of NEET 2017 Exam such as application form,tentative dates,eligibility criteria and much more scroll down the page. We here provide you latest updates of NEET in the content below.
Courses offered :
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Important Dates Related to NEET 2017 :-
NEET 2017 Application Form available : First week of December 2016
Last date to submit the application form (without late fee) : Last week of December 2016
Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (without late fee) : Second week of January 2017
Last date to submit the application form (with late fee) : Last week of January 2017
Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (with late fee) : First week of February 2017
Admit Card Release Date : First week of April 2017
NEET 2017 Exam Date : First week of May 2017
Result Declared : First week of June 2017
NEET Counselling : After Result Announcement
NEET 2017 Eligibility criteria :-
Candidates should be an Indian Nationals or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)
- Students must have passed/appearing 12th or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics,Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology or any other elective subject with English.
- Students must have secured minimum 50% marks in PCB group for general candidates and 45% (for general PH) and 40% (for SC/ST/OBC categories).
Age Limit :
- Minimum – The minimum age limit is 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Maximum – The maximum age limit is 25 years for general candidates and 30 years for reserved categories.
NEET 2017 Application Form : How to Apply?
- Aspirants can apply for NEET exam only through online process.
- The NEET Application Form 2017 will be available from the first week of December 2016.
- Candidates are advised to fill the application form as per the given instructions.
- After filling the application form, candidates are required to send the confirmation page along with required documents to the address mentioned below :
The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092
Application Fees :
The application fee payment can be done through online as well as offline
Candidates can pay the fee through debit/credit card using online payment
The Payment can be made through the bank challan in offline mode.
candidates of OBC/General need to pay INR 1400/ without late fee and INR 2800 as their late fee ( Rs.1400+ Rs.1400)
Candidates of SC/ST/PH need to pay Rs.750/- without late fee and INR 2150 (Rs.750+1400) as their late fee.
Reservation of Seats :
- SC (Schedule Caste) : 15%
- ST (Schedule Tribe) : 7.5%
- OBC–Non Creamy Layer : 27%
- Physically Handicapped (PH) : 3% seats (on horizontal basis)
NEET Exam Pattern
The exam is conducted for MBBS/BDS courses.
The question paper will contain total 180 multiple choice questions with single correct answer.
The paper will be asked from subjects as Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany.
The language of question paper will be both – English or Hindi.
The time span of exam is 3 hours
Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks.
There is provision of Negative marking,1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer
NEET 2017 Syllabus
NEET syllabus will comprise of four subjects, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany.
Questions will be asked from the above mentioned subjects.
It will contain 11th & 12th board (CBSE & NCERT) academic syllabus.
Some questions will be asked from the other boards syllabus.
For more updates visit the official portal of NEET www.cbseneet.in
Feel Free to comment us below for more queries. We will approach you soon with possible answer.